Monday, January 4, 2010
We're all bombarded by images that 9 times out of 10 look nothing like us but we are told to call them beautiful. Inner beauty, personal beauty, is no longer celebrated. Feeling beautiful is important to both men and women. As D.H. Lawrence so eloquently put it: "The human soul needs actual beauty more than bread.” It's one of the things we desire whether you want to or not. So here are some ways to achieve that feeling we all crave.
1) Make yourself the best you that you can be physically: Everyday you should be working on yourself on the inside and the outside. How you look is a direct reflection on how you feel and vice versa. They go hand in hand. So, as you work on being beautiful on the inside,work on your outer beauty. Please understand I am not saying go get implants or enhancement drugs but making yourself naturally more beautiful. exercise is an easy way to do that. It makes you more energetic and healthy in general. The healthier you are the more beautiful you become. Ladies, I enjoy my curves more than anyone I know but we should all strive to have a healthy body structure for US. Men, think about how good you feel when you can just walk around shirtless like whatever. Treat yourself to some beauty treatments. Get facials, pedicures, sauna time. Save up and buy yourself a new dress or a new suit. These are all instant physical confidence boosters.
2) Make yourself the best you that you can be mentally: Refer back to my staying sane blog. And adding on to that, gain knowledge. Participate in new activities you've never done before. Hang around people that stimulate your mind and introduce you to new positive experiences.
3) Make yourself the best you that you can be emotionally: Be Happy. Maria Mitchell said: “There is no cosmetic for beauty like happiness.” Someone who is emotionally unhappy can be seen a mile away. They're usually not pleasant to be around and their perspective of the world is negative. In short, being unhappy makes you even MORE unhappy. Downward spiral. So keep the drama out of your life and find simple things that make you happy. Happiness is beautiful and sexy on anybody.
4) Someone thinks you are beautiful: For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. Be around people that see your beauty. If you are around people that find a way to always downplay how handsome, beautiful, or special you are, GET AWAY FROM THEM. They are either jealous or unhappy themselves and those people are cancerous in your life and for your own beauty. If enough people tell you you are not something, you will find a way to make it true. Find a mate or partner that just loves what you look like. Your women should smile when she sees you coming. Your man should want to go out smiling because you are on his arm. Being around people that know your beauty helps you solidify it in your own mind.
5) Know the facts: Everyone struggles with their own beauty both inside and out. The models that everyone pines to look like usually see the same thing in the mirror that you see: imperfections. It's not just you that looks in the mirror and wishes your abs were magically there. Or see someone giving a million dollars to the poor and think, damn am I that good of a person. Inside and our people question themselves. If you know this, it wont feel so unusual to feel like you need to improve.
6) Spread the Beauty: Bring on the compliments. Tell others they are beautiful or that their clothes look good on them or that you admire their attitude or that their general style intrigues you. As you compliment others, you free your own appeal to grow. The ugliest thing on an individual is jealousy and competition. As you begin to see the beauty in others, you will see it in yourself. And that's as real as it gets.
“Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old.”